Big Deez Raw Sea Moss
Big Deez Raw Sea Moss is organically grown in St Lucia and can yield up to 800g of sea moss gel.
Sea moss is a seaweed that may help to nourish your immune system and may aid in creating a healthy lifestyle.
Sea moss contains important minerals such as potassium, iodine, phosphate, bromides, zinc, magnesium and calcium. If you fancy making your sea moss gel, it is fairly simple. Soaking your sea moss is probably the longest part of the process.
Sea moss is sold in several forms:
- Sea Moss Gel.
Sea moss is great for all ages and the gel can be easily incorporated into morning routines, like in porridge or smoothies. If you are pregnant seek advice first from your doctor, due to the iodine content of sea moss.
It has been called a superfood due to it being vegan, gluten-free and a source of varied nutrients. It has been said to contain over 90% of the vitamins and minerals the body needs to function. It is also prebiotic, which is a type of dietary fibre that contributes to a healthy gut.
Sea Moss Benefits
- Is full of natural minerals and vitamins like iron, folate and omega-3, calcium, phosphorus, and many more.
- Can contribute to a good digestion system.
- Boost our immunity.
- Improve skin health.
- Improve libido.
- Contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, which means it can help with acne and ageing skin.
- Contains varying amounts of iodine which is essential for good thyroid function.
- Is a good source of food.
- It may help in boosting your metabolism.
Like everything, please take sea moss in moderation and ask your doctor if you get any side effects.
For instance, sea moss has varying amounts of iodine so if you have an over/under- active thyroid, this may interfere with any treatment you may be taking.
Our sea moss is:
- Sustainably farmed.
- Organically grown in St Lucia.
- 100% Natural.
Nutrition Value Per 100g
- Energy 705Kj
- Energy 168Kcal
- Fat 1.6g
- - of which saturates 1.08g
- Carbohydrates 36.6g
- - of which sugars 0.1g
- Fibre 54.7g
- Protein 2.5g
- Salt 5.4g
Raw sea moss nutritional values are from our product, tested and analysed by 3rd party.
How to make sea moss gel:
1. Soak 50g of raw sea moss in a bowl of cold water with halved limes for a couple of hours or even overnight.
2. Throw away the water it was soaking in and give it a good rinse thoroughly.
3. Drain sea moss, cut it up to help your blender.
4. Blend the sea moss with spring water to your required consistency.
5. You can store it in a container in the fridge.
6. You can also freeze.
Sea moss can be heated
Steps 1 & 2 from above
3. Put sea moss in a saucepan and cover with plenty of water.
4. Bring to temperature, then simmer for 15 mins.
5. Take it off the heat.
6. Drain but keep the water.
7. Put the sea moss into the blender and add some of the water from the pan.
8. Blend add more water, and repeat until you get the consistency you want.
9. Put aside to cool and store in the fridge.
The gel will set during cooling or in the fridge.
Allow to cool and then place in the fridge within 2 hours.
In gel form it is very versatile and can be used:
- As a face mask.
- In your favourite smoothies.
- In a glass of cold water/ hot drink.
- In your food.
Our products will not cure any kind of illness or prevent any disease.